Endocrine Disorders: Overview
Endocrine disorders are those related to an endocrine gland, usually a hormone or similar substance produced by the body. They would typically be treated by your doctor and an endocrinologist. For example, there are disorders of insulin (diabetes), glucagon, statins, thyroid hormone (thyroid disease), and many others. Closely related are the classes of metabolic disorders.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name
... More on Diabetes »
- Thyroid Disease: Thyroid disease refers to any disease of the thyroid gland, which is an important gland in regulating the body’s
... More on Thyroid Disease »
- Metabolic Disorders: Metabolic disorder are disorders or diseases due to an abnormal metabolism. For example, diabetes is a metabolic disorder with an
... More on Metabolic Disorders »
- Insulin: Insulin is a prescription medication used mainly in the treatment of Diabetes, particularly Type 1 Diabetes. Insulin also has some
... More on Insulin »
- Glucagon: Glucagon is a hormone produced by the pancreas. One of the effects of glucagon is to help control glucose levels
... More on Glucagon »
- Thyroid Gland: The thyroid gland is a small gland in the neck that produces endocrine hormones called thyroid hormones. A number of
... More on Thyroid Gland »
Related Disease Topics
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.