Metabolic Disorders: Overview
Metabolic disorder are disorders or diseases due to an abnormal metabolism. For example, diabetes is a metabolic disorder with an abnormal glucose metabolism. There are disorders of many different types: calcium metabolism, magnesium, potassium, and many others. Closely related are the endocrine disorders.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name
... More on Diabetes »
- Endocrine Disorders: Endocrine disorders are those related to an endocrine gland, usually a hormone or similar substance produced by the body. They
... More on Endocrine Disorders »
- Calcium: Calcium is a mineral used by the body in various ways, including its well-known role in bone structure. Problems
... More on Calcium »
- Magnesium: Magnesium is a mineral that the body uses in various ways. It helps maintain various systems as blood pressure, blood
... More on Magnesium »
- Potassium: Potassium is a natural mineral used by the body in various aspects of metabolism. Potassium deficiency occurs if the body
... More on Potassium »
Related Disease Topics
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.