What are Antidepressants?
Antidepressant drugs are primarily for the treatment of depression (major depression, depressive disorders, depressive symptoms, dysthymia, etc.), but their use has been broadened to other disorders. Other disorders that some types of antidepressants may be used to treat include anxiety disorders ... More »
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Antidepressants include:More Diseases »
- Depression: Depression occurs when someone has feelings such as sadness, unhappiness or misery for an extended period of time. Most people ... More on Depression »
- Major depressive disorder: Major Depressive Disorders are serious depressive disorders as distinguished from milder depressive symptoms such as unhappiness or sadness. Clinical depression ... More on Major depressive disorder »
- Depressive Disorders: Depressive disorders refer to depression of various types and other similar disorders causing depressive symptoms. The general type of depression ... More on Depressive Disorders »
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person ... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder (mental health disorder) where a person suffers from excessive anxiety. Symptoms include ... More on Generalized Anxiety Disorder »
- Social anxiety disorder: Social Anxiety Disorder, also called Social Phobia, is an Anxiety Disorder where a person suffers excessive anxiety in social situations ... More on Social anxiety disorder »
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder where a person suffers from both obsessions and compulsions. Obsessions are intrusive ... More on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder »
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a mental health disorder (anxiety disorder) that occurs as a reaction to an emotionally ... More on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder »
- Eating Disorders: Eating disorders are mental health disorders related to food and eating. Well-known examples include Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa ... More on Eating Disorders »
- Pain Disorders: Pain Disorders is a general category of disorders that cause chronic pain. Some examples include Arthritic pain, Chronic Back Pain ... More on Pain Disorders »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.