What is BAL?
BAL in Oil Ampules DIMERCAPROL INJECTION is used to treat arsenic, mercury and gold poisoning. BAL in Oil Ampules DIMERCAPROL INJECTION is also approved for use for acute lead poisoning when it is used with Edetate Calcium Disodium Injection.
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by BAL?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by BAL include:
- Arsenic Poisoning
- Gold Poisoning
- Mercury Poisoning
- Acute Lead Poisoning
- Mercury Salts Poisoning
What are the active ingredients of BAL?
The active ingredients in BAL include:
What class of drug is BAL?
BAL belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
BAL Information Guide
BAL is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Metal Chelator.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to BAL include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of BAL?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering BAL for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Pregnancy Category C
Product Formulation Information: BAL
- Lead Poisoning: Lead poisoning was once a common problem, but has become uncommon in the developed world thanks to various safety measures
... More on Lead Poisoning »
- Poisoning: Poisoning, or toxicity, is the general category of poisoning from any type of substance. Poisons may be ingested (eaten), injected
... More on Poisoning »
- Mercury: Mercury is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Mercury »
- Metal Chelating Activity: Metal Chelating Activity is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Metal Chelating Activity »
- Metal Chelator: Metal Chelator is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Metal Chelator »
- Gold: Gold is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Gold »
- Bismuth: Bismuth is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Bismuth »
- Iron: Iron is a mineral that is part of a normal diet. Iron is required for red blood cells and iron
... More on Iron »
- Kidney: The kidneys are a pair of organs located in the lower abdomen whose main role is the production of urine
... More on Kidney »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.