What conditions and diseases is Balsalazide Disodium used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Balsalazide Disodium?
The active ingredients in Balsalazide Disodium include:
- Balsalazide Disodium
What class of drug is Balsalazide Disodium?
Balsalazide Disodium belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:
... More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Balsalazide Disodium Capsules by Roxane Laboratories, Inc
- Balsalazide Disodium Capsules by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Balsalazide Disodium Capsules by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Balsalazide Disodium Capsules by Apotex Corp.
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Balsalazide Disodium Information Guide
Balsalazide Disodium is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Aminosalicylate.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Balsalazide Disodium include:
... More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Balsalazide Disodium calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Balsalazide Disodium. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Adult Dose
- Administration Alternatives
... More About Dosage »
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Balsalazide Disodium?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Balsalazide Disodium for use, include the following:
... More Warnings »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Balsalazide Disodium?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Adult Ulcerative Colitis
- Balsalazide 6.75 g/day (N=259)
- Placebo (N=35)
- Abdominal Pain
... More Side Effects »
What are the inactive ingredients in Balsalazide Disodium?
The inactive ingredients contained in Balsalazide Disodium are:
- Silicon Dioxide
- FD&C blue no. 1
- Fd&c Red No. 40
- FD&C yellow no. 6
- Ferrosoferric oxide
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Magnesium stearate
- Butyl alcohol
- Propylene Glycol
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Balsalazide Disodium
- Ulcerative Colitis: Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammation of the bowel (Colitis) and causes ulceration. It is a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
... More on Ulcerative Colitis »
- Aminosalicylate: Aminosalicylate is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Aminosalicylate »
- Aminosalicylic Acids: Aminosalicylic Acids is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Aminosalicylic Acids »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.