Betamethasone Dipropionate Overview
What is Betamethasone Dipropionate?
Betamethasone dipropionate cream, Betamethasone dipropionate ointment, and Betamethasone dipropionate lotion are prescription drugs that are used to relieve the inflammation and itchiness of skin conditions (dermatoses) that respond to corticosteroids. Betamethasone dipropionate cream, Betamethasone dipropionate ointment, and Betamethasone dipropionate lotion are a corticosteroid that is applied to the affected area of skin (topical corticosteroid).
What diseases and conditions are treated by Betamethasone Dipropionate?
Some of the conditions and diseases that may be treated by Betamethasone Dipropionate include:
- Dermatoses: Dermatoses is the plural of dermatosis, which refers to a skin disorder such as skin inflammation (dermatitis) or skin infection
... More on Dermatoses »
- Inflammatory disorders: Inflammatory disorders are those that cause inflammation within the body. There are various types of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g
... More on Inflammatory disorders »
- Pruritic manifestations: Pruritic manifestations refer to itch (pruritus) that is a manifestation (effect) of some other drug or disease. Various drugs have
... More on Pruritic manifestations »
- Dermatitis: Dermatitis is a general medical term referring to any inflammation of the skin. Diagnosis and treatment usually requires a more
... More on Dermatitis »
- Inflammation: Inflammation, or an inflammatory reaction, refers to a body process involving various substances that attempt to repair damage. An inflammation
... More on Inflammation »
- Itch: Itch or “itchiness” is also known as “pruritus” and has many causes. Causes range from a minor local skin condition
... More on Itch »
- Betamethasone: Betamethasone is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...
... More on Betamethasone »
- Anti-inflammatory drug: An Anti-inflammatory drug is a drug that acts against inflammation and inflammatory disorders. Examples of subclasses include steroids, corticosteroids
... More on Anti-inflammatory drug »
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids is a class of medications used in a variety of medical conditions, particularly due to its anti-inflammatory properties
... More on Corticosteroids »
- Steroids: Steroids are a class of substances that are natural hormones. Steroids are well-known as a restricted substance in sports
... More on Steroids »
Betamethasone Dipropionate: Related Drug and Treatment Topics
- Anti-inflammatory drug
- Corticosteroid Hormone Receptor Agonists
- Diprolene AF
- Betamethasone Dipropionate Augmented
- Clotrimazole and Betamethasone Dipropionate
- Taclonex Scalp
- Betamethasone Clotrimazole
- Calcipotriene and Betamethasone Dipropionate
Betamethasone Dipropionate: Related Disease Topics
Betamethasone Dipropionate: Related Symptom Topics
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.