What is Betamethasone Valerate?
Betamethasone valerate cream and Betamethasone valerate ointment are prescription drugs that are used to relieve the inflammation and itchiness of skin conditions (dermatoses) that respond to corticosteroids. Betamethasone valerate cream and Betamethasone valerate ointment are corticosteroids that are applied to
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Betamethasone Valerate?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Betamethasone Valerate include:
... More Diseases »
What are the active ingredients?
The active ingredients in Betamethasone Valerate include:
- Betamethasone Valerate
What class of drug?
Betamethasone Valerate belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:
- Betamethasone Valerate
... More Drugs »
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Betamethasone Valerate Ointment by E. Fougera & Co., a division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by E. Fougera & Co., a division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Lotion by E. Fougera & Co., a division of Fougera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Ointment by Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by STAT RX USA LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by Rebel Distributors Corp.
- Betamethasone Valerate Ointment by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Betamethasone Valerate Aerosol by Perrigo New York Inc
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by Lake Erie Medical DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Betamethasone Valerate Ointment by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Lotion by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Betamethasone Valerate Cream by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Ointment by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Lotion by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Betamethasone Valerate Lotion by STI Pharma
Betamethasone Valerate Information Guide
Betamethasone Valerate is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Corticosteroid.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Betamethasone Valerate include:
... More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Betamethasone Valerate?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Betamethasone Valerate for use in particular situations such as the following:
- General -
- Information for patients -
- Laboratory Tests -
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility -
- Pregnancy Category C -
- Nursing Mothers -
- Pediatric Use -
... More Precautions »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Betamethasone Valerate?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Incidence and severity of burning/itching/stinging
- Total incidence
- Maximum severity
- Betamethasone Valerate Foam, 0.12
- Valerate Lotion
... More Side Effects »
Product Formulation Information: Betamethasone Valerate
- Dermatoses: Dermatoses is the plural of dermatosis, which refers to a skin disorder such as skin inflammation (dermatitis) or skin infection
... More on Dermatoses »
- Inflammatory disorders: Inflammatory disorders are those that cause inflammation within the body. There are various types of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g
... More on Inflammatory disorders »
- Pruritic manifestations: Pruritic manifestations refer to itch (pruritus) that is a manifestation (effect) of some other drug or disease. Various drugs have
... More on Pruritic manifestations »
- Inflammation: Inflammation, or an inflammatory reaction, refers to a body process involving various substances that attempt to repair damage. An inflammation
... More on Inflammation »
- Itch: Itch or “itchiness” is also known as “pruritus” and has many causes. Causes range from a minor local skin condition
... More on Itch »
- Betamethasone: Betamethasone is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...
... More on Betamethasone »
- Anti-inflammatory drug: An Anti-inflammatory drug is a drug that acts against inflammation and inflammatory disorders. Examples of subclasses include steroids, corticosteroids
... More on Anti-inflammatory drug »
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids is a class of medications used in a variety of medical conditions, particularly due to its anti-inflammatory properties
... More on Corticosteroids »
- Steroids: Steroids are a class of substances that are natural hormones. Steroids are well-known as a restricted substance in sports
... More on Steroids »
- Corticosteroid Hormone Receptor Agonists: Corticosteroid Hormone Receptor Agonists is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Corticosteroid Hormone Receptor Agonists »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.