Bicillin L-A (Penicillin G Benzathine)
What conditions and diseases is Bicillin L-A used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Bicillin L-A?
The active ingredients in Bicillin L-A include:
- Penicillin G Benzathine
What class of drug is Bicillin L-A?
Bicillin L-A belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Bicillin L-A Injection by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Bicillin L-A Injection by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Bicillin L-A Injection by Pfizer Laboratories Div Pfizer Inc
Bicillin L-A Information Guide
Bicillin L-A is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Penicillin-class Antibacterial.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Bicillin L-A include:
... More Diseases »
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Bicillin L-A?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Bicillin L-A needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
- Method of Administration
... More Warnings »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Bicillin L-A?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Bicillin L-A for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Pregnancy Category B
- Nursing Mothers
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
... More Precautions »
Product Formulation Information: Bicillin L-A
- Bacterial Infections: Bacteria are tiny single-celled microbes that can infect the body. Some bacterial infections can be quite dangerous and worsen
... More on Bacterial Infections »
- Yaws: Yaws is an infectious tropical disease caused by bacteria. It is spread by direct (non-sexual) skin contact. The first
... More on Yaws »
- Rheumatic Fever: Rheumatic Fever is a complication of streptococcal infection (e.g., strep throat, scarlet fever), that can affect various organs including
... More on Rheumatic Fever »
- Rheumatic Heart Disease: Rheumatic Heart Disease is damage to the heart from an infection with Rheumatic Fever (a streptococcal infection). Permanent heart damage
... More on Rheumatic Heart Disease »
- Glomerulonephritis: Glomerulonephritis is a kidney inflammation (nephritis), affecting the glomeruli filtering units in the kidney. Glomerulonephritis may be caused by a
... More on Glomerulonephritis »
- Infection: Infection refers to the body reacting to a microbe or pathogen. It is somewhat distinct from “inflammation” but there is
... More on Infection »
- Chorea: Chorea is a particular type of seizure with abnormal body movements consisting of writhing or twitching movements. The areas affected
... More on Chorea »
- Penicillin-class Antibacterial: Penicillin-class Antibacterial is a class of medications including a number of different
... More on Penicillin-class Antibacterial »
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are a class of drugs that is mainly known for their use against bacterial infections, although they can also
... More on Antibiotics »
- Antibacterial: Anti-bacterial drugs are medications that act against bacterial infections. The more commonly used term is antibiotics, and in common
... More on Antibacterial »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.