Bontril (Phendimetrazine Tartrate)
What is Bontril?
Bontril slow-release brand of phendimetrazine tartrate slow-release capsules is used to manage exogenous obesity as a short-term aid to a program to lose weight based on restricting calories in the diet.
... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Bontril?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Bontril include:More Diseases »
What are the active ingredients of Bontril?
The active ingredients in Bontril include:
What class of drug is Bontril?
Bontril belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Bontril Information Guide
Bontril is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Sympathomimetic Amine Anorectic.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Bontril include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Bontril?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Bontril for use in particular situations such as the following:More Precautions »
What are the inactive ingredients in Bontril?
The inactive ingredients contained in Bontril are:
- FD&C yellow no. 6
Product Formulation Information: Bontril
- Obesity: Obesity is an excess of body weight due to fatty tissue. Milder forms are called “overweight”. See also the symptom
... More on Obesity »
- Weight symptoms: Weight symptoms refer to gain or loss of body weight. Weight loss has various causes ranging from harmless (e.g
... More on Weight symptoms »
- Phendimetrazine Tartrate: Phendimetrazine Tartrate is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Phendimetrazine Tartrate »
- Appetite Suppression: Appetite Suppression is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Appetite Suppression »
- Increased Sympathetic Activity: Increased Sympathetic Activity is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Increased Sympathetic Activity »
- Sympathomimetic Amine Anorectic: Sympathomimetic Amine Anorectic is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Sympathomimetic Amine Anorectic »
- Monotherapy: Monotherapy refers to the use of a drug or medication on its own, without requiring a second drug. The opposite
... More on Monotherapy »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.