What conditions and diseases is Butrans used for the treatment or management of?
Butrans is indicated for the management of moderate to severe chronic pain in patients requiring a continuous, around-the-clock
... More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Butrans?
The active ingredients in Butrans include:
What class of drug is Butrans?
Butrans belongs to the class of drugs:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Butrans Patch by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Butrans Patch by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Butrans Patch by Purdue Pharma LP
Butrans Information Guide
Butrans is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Partial Opioid Agonist.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Butrans include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Butrans calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Butrans. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- General Principles
- Initiation of Therapy
- Dose Titration
- Maintenance of Therapy and Supplemental Analgesia
- Cessation of Therapy
- Patients with Hepatic Impairment ...
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Butrans?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Butrans for use, include the following:
- Respiratory Depression
- CNS Depression
- Interactions with Alcohol, Central Nervous System Depressants, and Illicit Drugs
- QTc Prolongation
- Head Injury
- Hypotensive Effects ...
Would taking Butrans interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Butrans may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Metabolic Drug Interactions
- CYP3A4 Inhibitors
- CYP3A4 Inducers
- Non-Metabolic Drug Interactions
- Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Butrans?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Open-Label Titration Period
- Double-Blind Treatment Period
- MedDRA Preferred Term
- Application site pruritus ...
Product Formulation Information: Butrans
- Pain Disorders: Pain Disorders is a general category of disorders that cause chronic pain. Some examples include Arthritic pain, Chronic Back Pain
... More on Pain Disorders »
- Pain: Pain is a very common symptom that can affect almost any region of the body. Common types of pain include
... More on Pain »
- Pain relief: Pain relief is a very broad class of drugs to relieve or suppress pain. They range from simple over-the
... More on Pain relief »
- Analgesics: Analgesics are the general class of medications that reduce pain. This includes the various over-the-counter medications for minor pains
... More on Analgesics »
- Buprenorphine: Buprenorphine is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Buprenorphine »
- Partial Opioid Agonist: Partial Opioid Agonist is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Partial Opioid Agonist »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.