Colazal (Balsalazide Disodium)
What conditions and diseases is Colazal used for the treatment or management of?
What are the active ingredients of Colazal?
The active ingredients in Colazal include:
What class of drug is Colazal?
Colazal belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Colazal Information Guide
Colazal is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Aminosalicylate.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Colazal include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Colazal calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Colazal. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Adult Dose
- Pediatric Dose
- Administration Alternatives
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Colazal?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Colazal for use, include the following:More Warnings »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Colazal?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Adverse reactions occurring in at least 1% of Colazal patients which were less frequent than placebo for the same event ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Colazal?
The inactive ingredients contained in Colazal are:
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
Product Formulation Information: Colazal
- Ulcerative Colitis: Ulcerative Colitis is an inflammation of the bowel (Colitis) and causes ulceration. It is a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
... More on Ulcerative Colitis »
- Balsalazide Disodium: Balsalazide Disodium is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Balsalazide Disodium »
- Aminosalicylate: Aminosalicylate is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Aminosalicylate »
- Aminosalicylic Acids: Aminosalicylic Acids is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Aminosalicylic Acids »
- Kidney: The kidneys are a pair of organs located in the lower abdomen whose main role is the production of urine
... More on Kidney »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.