What is Diazepam?
Diazepam CS-CIV is available by prescription only, and are used to manage anxiety disorders. Diazepam CS-CIV may also be used to provide short-term relief of the various symptoms of anxiety, but are not required for the anxiety ... More »
What diseases and conditions are treated by Diazepam?
Some conditions and diseases that may be treated by Diazepam include:
- Anxiety disorders
- Anxiety (short-term relief)
- Alcohol withdrawal (to relieve agitation, tremors, delirium tremens, hallucinosis)
- Muscle spasms (due to Inflammation of the muscles or joints)
- Muscle spasms (due to trauma)
- Spasticity (caused by Cerebral palsy)
- Cerebral palsy (to treat spasticity)
Diseases and Conditions Prevented: Diazepam
Diazepam may be indicated for the prevention (prophylaxis) of these diseases or conditions:
- Short-term use
- Not test for long-term use
- < 4 months
What are the active ingredients of Diazepam?
The active ingredients in Diazepam include:
What class of drug is Diazepam?
Diazepam belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Diazepam Tablets by IVAX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by KAISER FOUNDATION HOSPITALS
- Diazepam Tablets by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Watson Laboratories, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
- Diazepam Tablets by Major Pharmaceuticals
- Diazepam Tablets by Blenheim Pharmacal, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Apotheca, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by STAT RX USA LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by Rebel Distributors Corp.
- Diazepam Tablets by Aidarex Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by Lake Erie Medical DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Aphena Pharma Solutions - Tennessee, LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by Unit Dose Services
- Diazepam Tablets by Mylan Institutional Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by REMEDYREPACK INC.
- Diazepam Tablets by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Diazepam Tablets by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Cardinal Health
- Diazepam Tablets by Bryant Ranch Prepack
- Diazepam Tablets by McKesson Packaging Services Business Unit of McKesson Corporation
- Diazepam Tablets by Dispensing Solutions, Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by Contract Pharmacy Services-PA
- Diazepam Tablets by RedPharm Drug Inc.
- Diazepam Tablets by American Health Packaging
- Diazepam Tablets by Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Diazepam Tablets by McKesson Contract Packaging
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Diazepam Solution by Roxane Laboratories, Inc
- Diazepam Solution by Atlantic Biologicals Corps
- Diazepam Solution by Precision Dose Inc.
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Diazepam Injection by Hospira, Inc.
- Diazepam Injection by Rebel Distributors Corp
- Diazepam Injection by General Injectables and Vaccines, Inc.
- Diazepam Injection by A-S Medication Solutions LLC
- Diazepam Injection by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Diazepam Injection by Cardinal Health
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
- Diazepam Gel by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc
- Diazepam by PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Diazepam by McKesson Contract Packaging
- Diazepam by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
- Diazepam by UDL Laboratories, Inc.
- Diazepam by STAT RX USA LLC
- Diazepam by Apotheca, Inc.
- Diazepam by IVAX Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Diazepam by Lake Erie Medical & Surgical Supply DBA Quality Care Products LLC
- Diazepam by Blenheim Pharmacal, Inc.
- Diazepam by Watson Laboratories, Inc.
- Diazepam by American Health Packaging
- Diazepam by McKesson Packaging Services Business Unit of McKesson Corporation
- Diazepam by Contract Pharmacy Services-PA
- Diazepam by RedPharm Drug Inc.
- Diazepam by Unit Dose Services
- Diazepam by Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Diazepam by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Diazepam by Cardinal Health
- Diazepam by Dispensing Solutions, Inc.
- Diazepam by Rebel Distributors Corp.
- Diazepam by Major Pharmaceuticals
- Diazepam by Aphena Pharma Solutions - Tennessee, LLC
Diazepam Information Guide
Diazepam is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Benzodiazepine.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Diazepam include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Diazepam calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Diazepam. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Calculating Prescribed Dose
- Additional Dose
- Treatment Frequency
- Pharmacist Instructions
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Diazepam?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Diazepam needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:More Warnings »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Diazepam?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Diazepam for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Hepatic Insufficiency
Would taking Diazepam interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Diazepam may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:More Interactions »
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Diazepam?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Adverse Event Incidence in Controlled Clinical Trials
- Diazepam Rectal Gel
What are the inactive ingredients in Diazepam?
The inactive ingredients contained in Diazepam are:
- Silicon Dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Starch, corn
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- FD&C blue no. 1
- D&C yellow no. 10
Product Formulation Information: Diazepam
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person ... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Anxiety Attack: An anxiety attack is usually another name for a “panic attack” and is often related to panic disorder and other ... More on Anxiety Attack »
- Alcoholism: Alcoholism is the abuse of alcohol due to a chronic addiction to alcohol. Drinking a few drinks to cope with ... More on Alcoholism »
- Inflammatory disorders: Inflammatory disorders are those that cause inflammation within the body. There are various types of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g ... More on Inflammatory disorders »
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral Palsy (CP) refers to permanent brain damage at birth or in early childhood that causes movement disorders, such as ... More on Cerebral Palsy »
- Paraplegia: Paraplegia is paralysis of the legs and much of the lower half of the body. The cause is usually an ... More on Paraplegia »
- Stress: Stress is the general condition of emotional or physical stress. This condition can have real physical effects on the body ... More on Stress »
- Anxiety: Anxiety is the well-known feeling of concern. Some level of rational anxiety is normal some of the time and ... More on Anxiety »
- Agitation: Agitation is a symptom of heightened tension leading to both psychological reactions and physical motions by the patient. Symptoms may ... More on Agitation »
- Tremor: Tremor is the slight involuntary shakiness, usually initially of the fingers or hands. Tremor must be distinguished from various other ... More on Tremor »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.