Foradil (Formoterol Fumarate)
What conditions and diseases is Foradil used for the treatment or management of?
Foradil is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:
- Treatment of Asthma
- Prevention of Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm
- Maintenance Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
What are the active ingredients of Foradil?
The active ingredients in Foradil include:
- Formoterol Fumarate
What class of drug is Foradil?
Foradil belongs to the class of drugs:
- Adrenergic beta2-Agonists
- beta2-Adrenergic Agonist
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Foradil Information Guide
Foradil is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of beta2-Adrenergic Agonist.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Foradil include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Foradil calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Foradil. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:More About Dosage »
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Foradil?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Foradil needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
- Pediatric and Adolescent Patients
- Paradoxical Bronchospasm
- Deterioration of Asthma
- Use of Anti-inflammatory Agents
- Cardiovascular Effects
- Immediate Hypersensitivity Reactions
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Foradil?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Foradil for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy, Teratogenic Effects, Pregnancy Category C
- Use in Labor and Delivery
- Nursing Mothers
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Foradil?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Foradil for use, include the following:
- Asthma-Related Death
- Deterioration of Disease and Acute Episodes
- FORADIL AEROLIZER is not a substitute for corticosteroids
- Excessive Use and
Would taking Foradil interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Foradil may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Adrenergic Drugs
- Xanthine Derivatives or Systemic Corticosteroids
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors and Tricyclic Antidepressants, QTc Prolonging Drugs
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Foradil?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Foradil 12 mcg twice daily
- Foradil 24 mcg twice daily
- Albuterol 180 mcg four times daily
- Trial #1
What are the inactive ingredients in Foradil?
The inactive ingredients contained in Foradil are:
Product Formulation Information: Foradil
- Asthma: Asthma is a chronic lung disease that involves inflammation and narrowing of the airways. This results in symptoms such as ... More on Asthma »
- Bronchospasm: Bronchospasm is a muscular spasm of the bronchioles in the lungs, causing breathing difficulty. Causes of bronchospasm include asthma (asthma attack) ... More on Bronchospasm »
- COPD: COPD, or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a chronic lung disorder that is usually progressive. Chronic bronchitis and emphysema are ... More on COPD »
- Adrenergic beta2-Agonists: Adrenergic beta2-Agonists is a class of medications including a number of different ... More on Adrenergic beta2-Agonists »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.