What is Insulin?
Insulin is a prescription medication used mainly in the treatment of Diabetes, particularly Type 1 Diabetes. Insulin also has some other uses, such as in emergency medicine. Not all patients with diabetes require insulin since many people with Type 2 Diabetes ... More »
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Insulin include:More Diseases »
- Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 Diabetes is also known as Juvenile Diabetes and its full medical name is Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM) ... More on Type 1 Diabetes »
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name ... More on Diabetes »
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes is the most common form of diabetes and the less severe of the two most common forms ... More on Type 2 Diabetes »
- Weight Loss: Losing weight is not really a medical symptom if it is explained by lifestyle changes. That means you’re eating ... More on Weight Loss »
- Diabetes Pills: Diabetes pills are mostly used to treat Type 2 Diabetes, the most common type of Diabetes. Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes) ... More on Diabetes Pills »
- Insulin Analog: An insulin analog is a prescription medication that is very similar to insulin, but does not have the exact same ... More on Insulin Analog »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.