What conditions and diseases is Mebendazole used for the treatment or management of?
Mebendazole tablets are indicated for the treatment of Enterobius vermicularis (pinworm), Trichuris trichiura (whipworm), Ascaris lumbricoides (common roundworm), Ancylostoma duodenale
... More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Mebendazole?
The active ingredients in Mebendazole include:
What class of drug is Mebendazole?
Mebendazole belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Tablet forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Mebendazole Tablets by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc
- Mebendazole Tablets by Physicians Total Care, Inc.
- Mebendazole Tablets by Bryant Ranch Prepack
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Mebendazole Information Guide
Mebendazole is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Antihelminthic.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Mebendazole include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Mebendazole?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Mebendazole for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Teratogenic Effects
- Pregnancy category C
- Nursing Mothers
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Mebendazole?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:More Side Effects »
What are the inactive ingredients in Mebendazole?
The inactive ingredients contained in Mebendazole are:
- Anhydrous lactose
- Starch, corn
- Magnesium stearate
- Cellulose, microcrystalline
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Saccharin sodium dihydrate
- Sodium starch glycolate type a potato
- Stearic acid
- FD&C yellow no. 6
Product Formulation Information: Mebendazole
- Worm Infestations: Worms of various types can infest different parts of the body. Worms are also called helminths. Some worms may affect
... More on Worm Infestations »
- Roundworms: Roundworms are a class including various intestinal worms that can infest humans. Types of roundworm include hookworm (ancylostomasisis), common roundworm
... More on Roundworms »
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea has many possible causes, of which the most likely is probably infectious gastroenteritis, causing diarrhea often with nausea and
... More on Diarrhea »
- Infection: Infection refers to the body reacting to a microbe or pathogen. It is somewhat distinct from “inflammation” but there is
... More on Infection »
- Antihelminthic: Antihelminthic is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Antihelminthic »
- Central nervous system: The Central Nervous System (CNS) is the part of the nervous system involving the brain and spinal cord. Symptoms include
... More on Central nervous system »
- Liver: The liver is the large organ in the lower abdomen, which performs a number of tasks in relation to digestion
... More on Liver »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.