What conditions and diseases is Octreotide Acetate used for the treatment or management of?
Octreotide Acetate is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Octreotide Acetate?
The active ingredients in Octreotide Acetate include:
- Octreotide Acetate
What class of drug is Octreotide Acetate?
Octreotide Acetate belongs to the class of drugs:
Drugs with this Active Ingredient
The drugs that contain this as an active ingredient include:More Drugs »
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Injection forms from suppliers in the USA:
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Sandoz Inc
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Sagent Pharmaceuticals
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Bedford Laboratories
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Wockhardt Limited
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Wockhardt USA LLC.
- Octreotide Acetate Injection by Mylan Institutional LLC
Octreotide Acetate Information Guide
Octreotide Acetate is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Somatostatin Analog.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Octreotide Acetate include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Octreotide Acetate calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Octreotide Acetate. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:More About Dosage »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Octreotide Acetate?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Octreotide Acetate for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Drug Laboratory Test Interactions
- Carcinogenesis/Mutagenesis/Impairment of Fertility
- Pregnancy Category B
- Nursing Mothers
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Octreotide Acetate?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Gallbladder Abnormalities
- Other Adverse Events 1% - 4
- Other Adverse Events <1
Product Formulation Information: Octreotide Acetate
- Acromegaly: Acromegaly is a rare endocrine disorder that leads to excessive growth. It is caused by a pituitary gland disorder (usually
... More on Acromegaly »
- Tumor: A tumor is a solid lump found in body tissue. Tumors need to be classified as either benign tumors (non
... More on Tumor »
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea has many possible causes, of which the most likely is probably infectious gastroenteritis, causing diarrhea often with nausea and
... More on Diarrhea »
- Flushing: Flushing is the appearance of redness on the skin due to a sudden influx of blood. Facial flushing is common
... More on Flushing »
- Growth symptoms: Growth symptoms refers to symptoms regarding the normal process of body growth, and hence is usually related to infants or
... More on Growth symptoms »
- Somatostatin Analog: Somatostatin Analog is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Somatostatin Analog »
- Somatostatin Receptor Agonists: Somatostatin Receptor Agonists is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Somatostatin Receptor Agonists »
- Bromocriptine Mesylate: Bromocriptine Mesylate is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Bromocriptine Mesylate »
- Adjunctive therapy: Adjunctive therapy is the general term that refers to the use of a drug as an “adjunct” (extra addition) to
... More on Adjunctive therapy »
- Heart: The heart is the main organ of the circulatory system inside the rib cage in the upper chest. Heart symptoms
... More on Heart »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.