What are the active ingredients of Paregoric?
The active ingredients in Paregoric include:
What class of drug is Paregoric?
Paregoric belongs to the class of drugs:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Paregoric Information Guide
Paregoric is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Opioid Agonist.
How is the dosage of Paregoric calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Paregoric. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Usual Pediatric Dosage
- Usual Adult Dosage
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Paregoric?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Paregoric for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Head Injury and Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Acute Abdominal Conditions
- Special-Risk Patients
- Hypotensive Effect
- Supraventricular Tachycardias
- Drug Interactions
- Carcinogenesis ...
Product Formulation Information: Paregoric
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea has many possible causes, of which the most likely is probably infectious gastroenteritis, causing diarrhea often with nausea and
... More on Diarrhea »
- Full Opioid Agonists: Full opioid agonists bind to opioid receptors and are able to fully mimic the effects of an opiate. Other opioid agonists
... More on Full Opioid Agonists »
- Opioids: Opioids are a class of drug related to morphine and other opiate drugs. They are a type of analgesic (pain relief)
... More on Opioids »
- Opioid Agonist: Opioid agonists are chemicals that acts similarly to opiates (such as morphine and heroin) and give the person taking them
... More on Opioid Agonist »
- Analgesics: Analgesics are the general class of medications that reduce pain. This includes the various over-the-counter medications for minor pains
... More on Analgesics »
- Pain relief: Pain relief is a very broad class of drugs to relieve or suppress pain. They range from simple over-the
... More on Pain relief »
- Morphine: Morphine is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Morphine »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.