Sandostatin LAR Depot (Octreotide Acetate)
What conditions and diseases is Sandostatin LAR Depot used for the treatment or management of?
Sandostatin LAR Depot is a prescription drug that is approved by the FDA (USA) for use in the treatment, prevention, or management of the certain medical conditions and diseases, including:More Indications »
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Sandostatin LAR Depot Information Guide
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Sandostatin LAR Depot include:More Diseases »
How is the dosage of Sandostatin LAR Depot calculated?
Only a health professional is qualified to work out the dosage of Sandostatin LAR Depot. The dosage needs to be determined depending on a variety of factors including:
- Carcinoid Tumors and VIPomas
- Special Populations: Renal Impairment
- Special Populations: Hepatic Impairment - Cirrhotic Patients
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Sandostatin LAR Depot?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Sandostatin LAR Depot for use, include the following:
- Cholelithiasis and Gallbladder Sludge
- Hyperglycemia and Hypoglycemia
- Thyroid Function Abnormalities
- Cardiac Function Abnormalities
- Monitoring: Laboratory Tests
- Drug Interactions
Would taking Sandostatin LAR Depot interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Sandostatin LAR Depot may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
- Insulin and Oral Hypoglycemic Drugs
- Other Concomitant Drug Therapy
- Drug Metabolism Interactions
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Sandostatin LAR Depot?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- WHO Preferred Term
- Phase 3 Studies (Pooled)
- Number (%) of Subjects with AE's
- Abdominal Pain
- Influenza-Like Symptoms ...
Product Formulation Information: Sandostatin LAR Depot
- Acromegaly: Acromegaly is a rare endocrine disorder that leads to excessive growth. It is caused by a pituitary gland disorder (usually
... More on Acromegaly »
- Kidney Disorders: Kidney disorders, or renal disorders, refers to any of the group of diseases that affect the kidneys. Acute kidney conditions
... More on Kidney Disorders »
- Kidney Failure: Kidney failure is inadequate function of the kidneys, also called renal failure. Kidney failure may be acute or chronic.
... More on Kidney Failure »
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea has many possible causes, of which the most likely is probably infectious gastroenteritis, causing diarrhea often with nausea and
... More on Diarrhea »
- Flushing: Flushing is the appearance of redness on the skin due to a sudden influx of blood. Facial flushing is common
... More on Flushing »
- Tumor: A tumor is a solid lump found in body tissue. Tumors need to be classified as either benign tumors (non
... More on Tumor »
- Kidney Symptoms: Kidney symptoms, also called renal symptoms, are symptoms of the two kidneys inside the lower abdomen. They are part of
... More on Kidney Symptoms »
- Octreotide Acetate: Octreotide Acetate is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Octreotide Acetate »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.