Valium (Diazepam): Concerns
Drugs may have a number of warnings associated with their use. What are the warnings regarding the use of Valium?
Some of the warnings are below. Any use of Valium needs to heed warnings surrounding the following:
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Valium?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Valium for use in particular situations such as the following:
- Drug Interactions
- Centrally Acting Agents
- Compounds Which Inhibit Certain Hepatic Enzymes
- Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
- Hepatic Insufficiency
Would taking Valium interfere with other drugs or medications I may be taking?
Some of the interactions are listed below. Valium may interact with the following so this needs to be taken into consideration when considering the use of this drug:
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Valium?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Central Nervous System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Special Senses
- Cardiovascular System
- Psychiatric and Paradoxical Reactions
- Urogenital System
- Skin and Appendages
Related Misdiagnosis Articles
Related Diseases Topics
- Drug Interactions
- Impaired Fertility
- Hepatic Impairment
- Psychiatric Disorders
Other Related Articles
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person ... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Anxiety Attack: An anxiety attack is usually another name for a “panic attack” and is often related to panic disorder and other ... More on Anxiety Attack »
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral Palsy (CP) refers to permanent brain damage at birth or in early childhood that causes movement disorders, such as ... More on Cerebral Palsy »
- Paraplegia: Paraplegia is paralysis of the legs and much of the lower half of the body. The cause is usually an ... More on Paraplegia »
- Stress: Stress is the general condition of emotional or physical stress. This condition can have real physical effects on the body ... More on Stress »
- Alcoholism: Alcoholism is the abuse of alcohol due to a chronic addiction to alcohol. Drinking a few drinks to cope with ... More on Alcoholism »
- Inflammatory disorders: Inflammatory disorders are those that cause inflammation within the body. There are various types of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g ... More on Inflammatory disorders »
- Anxiety: Anxiety is the well-known feeling of concern. Some level of rational anxiety is normal some of the time and ... More on Anxiety »
- Agitation: Agitation is a symptom of heightened tension leading to both psychological reactions and physical motions by the patient. Symptoms may ... More on Agitation »
- Tremor: Tremor is the slight involuntary shakiness, usually initially of the fingers or hands. Tremor must be distinguished from various other ... More on Tremor »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.