Vancocin (Vancomycin Hydrochloride)
What conditions and diseases is Vancocin used for the treatment or management of?
VANCOCIN CAPSULES are indicated for the treatment of C. difficil e-associated diarrhea.
... More Indications »
What are the active ingredients of Vancocin?
The active ingredients in Vancocin include:
What class of drug is Vancocin?
Vancocin belongs to the class of drugs:
The available forms from suppliers in the USA include:
Solution forms from suppliers in the USA:
This product comes in different forms from different suppliers in the USA:
Vancocin Information Guide
Vancocin is a prescription drug that belongs to the pharmacologic class of Glycopeptide Antibacterial.
Related Disease Topics
Disease articles related to Vancocin include:More Diseases »
What precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Vancocin?
Some of the precautions need to be noted when considering Vancocin for use in particular situations such as the following:More Precautions »
What warnings or precautions need to be taken when considering the use of Vancocin?
Some of the warnings and precautions that need to be noted when considering Vancocin for use, include the following:
- Oral Use Only
- Potential for Systemic Absorption
- Development of Drug-Resistant Bacteria
What are the possible side-effects (adverse effects or unintended effects) of taking Vancocin?
Some of the possible side-effects or adverse reactions may include effects such as:
- Adverse reaction rates were derived from the incidence of treatment-emergent adverse events
- System/Organ Class
- % (N=260)
- Gastrointestinal disorders ...
What are the inactive ingredients in Vancocin?
The inactive ingredients contained in Vancocin are:
- FD&C blue no. 2
- Ferric oxide red
- Ferric oxide yellow
- Polyethylene glycol
- Titanium Dioxide
Product Formulation Information: Vancocin
- Bacterial Infections: Bacteria are tiny single-celled microbes that can infect the body. Some bacterial infections can be quite dangerous and worsen
... More on Bacterial Infections »
- Staphylococcal Infections: Staphylococcal Infections are infections due to the staphylococcus bacteria. Commonly they may be called “staph” or “staph infections”. A particular
... More on Staphylococcal Infections »
- Staphylococcus aureus: Staphylococcus aureus is a type of staphylococcus bacteria (“staph”). It can cause diseases such as boils (skin infections), sinusitis, and
... More on Staphylococcus aureus »
- Infection: Infection refers to the body reacting to a microbe or pathogen. It is somewhat distinct from “inflammation” but there is
... More on Infection »
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea has many possible causes, of which the most likely is probably infectious gastroenteritis, causing diarrhea often with nausea and
... More on Diarrhea »
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride: Vancomycin Hydrochloride is a generic drug that has a variety of different formulations...(null)(null)
... More on Vancomycin Hydrochloride »
- Glycopeptide Antibacterial: Glycopeptide Antibacterial is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Glycopeptide Antibacterial »
- Glycopeptides: Glycopeptides is a class of medications including a number of different(null)(null)
... More on Glycopeptides »
- Vancomycin: Vancomycin is an active ingredient of a number of drugs and medications(null)(null)
... More on Vancomycin »
- Metabolism: Metabolism is the general name for many different regulatory systems within the body. Dysfunction in any single metabolic system can
... More on Metabolism »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.