Xanax (Alprazolam) Overview
What is Xanax?
XANAX Tablets (alprazolam) are used to manage anxiety disorder or generalized anxiety disorder, or to relieve the symptoms of short-term anxiety. People who have generalized anxiety disorder may have some of the following symptoms over a period of six months or longer: trembling, twitching, restlessness, shortness of breath, dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, frequent urination, feeling keyed up, have an exaggerated startle response, difficulty concentrating because of feeling anxious, sleeping difficulties, irritation etc. XANAX also works for treating anxiety resulting from depression.
XANAX Tablets are also used to treat panic disorder with agoraphobia, and panic disorder without agoraphobia. People with panic disorder experience recurring panic attacks when they donít expect them, and may experience palpitations, a pounding heart, sweating, trembling, shaking, breath shortness or a feeling of being smothered, dizziness, feeling of unreality, a feeling of detachment from self, a fear of losing control or dying, numbness or tingling and hot flushing or chills.
XANAX Tablets contain alprazolam as the active ingredient, and powdered cellulose, cornstarch, docusate sodium, lactose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and sodium benzoate as the inactive ingredients. XANAX Tablets are white, oval in shape and 9mm in size. XANAX has been marketed in the USA since 1981, and is available by prescription only. XANAX is manufactured by Neolpharma, Inc., labeled by Pfizer Pharmaceuticals LLC, and packaged by Pharmacia and Upjohn Company.
- Anxiety Disorders: Anxiety Disorders are mental health disorders involving excessive anxiety. Although some level of anxiety can be normal for a person
... More on Anxiety Disorders »
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder (mental health disorder) where a person suffers from excessive anxiety. Symptoms include
... More on Generalized Anxiety Disorder »
- Depression: Depression occurs when someone has feelings such as sadness, unhappiness or misery for an extended period of time. Most people
... More on Depression »
- Panic Disorder: Panic disorder is an anxiety where a person suffers from recurring panic attacks (anxiety attacks). These episodes are sudden attacks
... More on Panic Disorder »
- Agoraphobia: Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder where a person has anxiety about a lot of situations in which they may feel
... More on Agoraphobia »
- Tremor: Tremor is the slight involuntary shakiness, usually initially of the fingers or hands. Tremor must be distinguished from various other
... More on Tremor »
- Twitches: Twitches are small muscle spasms that may be normal, or may indicate tics or other seizure type disorders. Occasional twitches
... More on Twitches »
- Restlessness: Restlessness may be a physical or mental state of being unable to rest. Psychological symptoms may prevent rest, such as
... More on Restlessness »
- Shortness of Breath: Shortness of breath refers generally to breathing difficulty. It may refer to mild breathing symptoms, such as being out of
... More on Shortness of Breath »
- Dry Mouth: Dry Mouth can occur for various simple reasons or due to some complex diseases. Temporary dry mouth is normal in
... More on Dry Mouth »
Xanax: Related Drug and Treatment Topics
Xanax: Related Disease Topics
Xanax: Related Symptom Topics
- Shortness of Breath
- Dry Mouth
- Urinary frequency
- Concentration Difficulty
- Sleeping Difficulty
- Excessive Sweating
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.