Foot Pain Overview
Foot pain can arise from any of the various parts of the foot: heel pain, arch pain, sole pain, ball of the foot, toe pain, and so on. Common causes are foot injuries such as contusions, strains, sprains, and fractures. Arthritis of various types is a possible cause of foot pain. Various systemic disorders can affect the feet or the toes, such as diabetes and gout. Other causes include disorders of the blood vessels in the foot, and nerve disorders affecting the foot or toes. Foot pain needs prompt diagnosis from your doctor.
- Fractures: Fractures are broken bones in any location of the body. Almost any bone in the body can be fractured, but ... More on Fractures »
- Arthritis: Arthritis is the class of diseases causing joint inflammation. Symptoms include joint pain, joint swelling, joint redness, joint warmth, and ... More on Arthritis »
- Systemic Disorders: Systemic disorders is the general category of disorders and diseases where an entire body system is affected, or the entire ... More on Systemic Disorders »
- Diabetes: Diabetes is a metabolic disease where the body loses the ability to properly process sugars (glucose). The full medical name ... More on Diabetes »
- Gout: Gout is a disorder of acidic substances in the blood that often causes arthritis-like joint problems. The result is ... More on Gout »
- Physical Disorders: Physical disorders is a huge, general category of disorders and diseases of the physical body. This is distinct from disorders ... More on Physical Disorders »
- Inflammatory disorders: Inflammatory disorders are those that cause inflammation within the body. There are various types of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g ... More on Inflammatory disorders »
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the main type of arthritis, which is degenerative and usually associated with aging. It is distinct from other ... More on Osteoarthritis »
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune form of arthritis, where the body’s own immune system cells attack parts of ... More on Rheumatoid Arthritis »
- Cellulitis: Cellulitis is an inflammation that usually affects the skin and tissues under the skin, most common on the legs. The ... More on Cellulitis »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.