Hearing loss may be temporary or may result in partial or total deafness. Hearing loss may refer to inability to hear certain sounds, pitches, or to tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in the ears), or loss of hearing ability.
... More »
The categories of hearing loss include:
- Conductive hearing loss
- Sensorineural hearing loss
- Mixed hearing loss
- Functional hearing loss
- Congenital hearing ...
- Ear Infection: An ear infection can affect one or both ears. There are different types of ear infection depending on the exact
... More on Ear Infection »
- Middle Ear Infection: A middle ear infection, also called “otitis media”, is an infection of the middle ear. It is a common complication
... More on Middle Ear Infection »
- Adenoiditis: Adenoiditis is inflammation or infection of the adenoids, in the back of the throat. The adenoids are similarly located to
... More on Adenoiditis »
- Foreign body: A “foreign body” in medicine refers to a piece of something artificial that is “foreign” to the body. It might
... More on Foreign body »
- Boils: Boils, also called “furuncles”, are bacterial skin infections resulting from an infected hair follicle or skin gland infection. The infectious bacteria
... More on Boils »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Hearing Loss:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.