Impulsivity or impulsiveness may be a normal personality characteristic or it can be an abnormal symptom of a disorder. Children often display impulsive behavior and it is usually normal. Normal impulsivity for adults means things like “spontaneity” in romance and
... More »
Causes of normal impulsivity include:
- Normal child. It is normal for a child to have trouble with not seeking something ...
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a behavioral disorder where a person has difficulties with attention, concentration, hyperactivity and/or
... More on Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder »
- Concentration Disorders: Concentration disorders are disorders where a person has difficulty with mental concentration on a given task. Such a person may
... More on Concentration Disorders »
- Brain Disorders: A variety of brain disorders can occur, and many are very serious such as stroke or brain tumor. Any type
... More on Brain Disorders »
- Drug Intoxication: Drug intoxication refers to the state of exhibiting physical, mental, or behavioural changes resulting from having taken a drug, medication
... More on Drug Intoxication »
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar Disorder, also commonly called manic-depressive disorder, is a mental health disorder where a person has alternating phases of
... More on Bipolar disorder »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Impulsivity:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Concentration Disorders
- Brain Disorders
- Drug Intoxication ...
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.