Nasal congestion refers to the well-known situation of having a runny nose and/or a blocked nose. Other common descriptions included a “stuffed nose” or “stuffy nose”. Medical names include “rhinitis” (nose inflammation or runny nose) or “catarrh”.
The ... More »
- Common Cold: The common cold refers to any number of viral infections of the nose and throat. Typical symptoms are all too ... More on Common Cold »
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI) is a general name for the many different types of common respiratory infections. Examples include ... More on Upper Respiratory Tract Infection »
- Allergies: Allergies occur when the immune system responds to a substance. Common examples include dust allergies, pollen allergies (causing hay fever ... More on Allergies »
- Hay Fever: Hay fever, also called Allergic Rhinitis, is an allergic reaction to pollens are other airborne allergens. Symptoms of hay fever ... More on Hay Fever »
- Pollen Allergies: Pollen allergies are an allergic reaction to small grains of pollen that are carried in the air from various plants ... More on Pollen Allergies »
- Respiratory Allergies: Respiratory allergies are allergies affecting the respiratory system, which is the airways from the nose down to the lungs. Common ... More on Respiratory Allergies »
- Runny Nose: A runny nose is a very common symptom with many causes. The related medical terms are rhinitis (nose inflammation) and ... More on Runny Nose »
- Blocked nose: A blocked nose or “stuffy nose” is a common symptom associated with a runny nose. There are many different causes ... More on Blocked nose »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Nasal congestion:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.