Nasal regurgitation is the regurgitation of food out of the nose. An occasionally occurrence does not necessarily mean any disorder. However, there are various causes of the symptom ranging from structural oral abnormalities to neuromuscular diseases.
... More »
Causes of nasal regurgitation of food out of the nose include:
- Normal. Occasional nasal regurgitation, such as when laughing heavily ...
- Injury: Injury, also called “trauma” in medical terms, refers to the physical injury to a body part or organ. There are
... More on Injury »
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious bacterial lung disease. Its older name was “consumption”. It had declined thanks to modern treatments
... More on Tuberculosis »
- Syphilis: Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that is treatable with antibiotics. Syphilis in a pregnant woman that is transferred to
... More on Syphilis »
- Leprosy: Leprosy is a famous bacterial disease that is now rare in the developed world. However, it still remains endemic in
... More on Leprosy »
- Neurological Disorders: Neurological disorders are disorders of the brain, particularly relating to its chemistry or activity. Examples include schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease
... More on Neurological Disorders »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Nasal Regurgitation:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.