Night blindness is difficulty being able to see properly at night, or in other low light conditions. Although there is much variation in people’s ability to see at night, there are also various causes of night blindness that result
... More »
Causes of night blindness include:
- Normal. Some people have worse night vision than others.
- Age-related visual decline. Night vision ...
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a serious eye disorder where the eye’s internal pressure gets too high. There are two types: acute
... More on Glaucoma »
- Cataracts: Cataracts are cloudy formations in the lens of the eye. The most common cause is age-related decline in the
... More on Cataracts »
- Vitamin A Deficiency: Vitamin A deficiency causes symptoms of the eyes, skin, and membranes. The earliest symptom is night blindness. Other symptoms include
... More on Vitamin A Deficiency »
- Medication side-effect: Many medications can have side-effects that are unwanted. For example, a prescription drug might cause nausea or dizziness in
... More on Medication side-effect »
- Vision Symptoms: There are various types of vision symptoms that affect the vision in various ways. Difficulty focusing may include short-sightedness
... More on Vision Symptoms »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Night Blindness:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.