Noisy breathing may indicate a variety of causes ranging from simple snoring to a number of medical emergencies such as asthma attack or choking (airway blockage). Types of noisy breathing include wheezing, stridor, grunting and snoring.
... More »
- Airway obstruction (choking; foreign body aspiration)
- Airway injury
- Fume inhalation ...
- Medical Emergency Conditions: A medical emergency requires immediate professional medical care, with the calling of ambulance or other emergency services. Emergency first aid
... More on Medical Emergency Conditions »
- Asthma: Asthma is a chronic lung disease that involves inflammation and narrowing of the airways. This results in symptoms such as
... More on Asthma »
- Bronchospasm: Bronchospasm is a muscular spasm of the bronchioles in the lungs, causing breathing difficulty. Causes of bronchospasm include asthma (asthma attack)
... More on Bronchospasm »
- Croup: Croup is an inflammation of the airways, usually caused by a viral infection. The hallmark symptom of croup is a
... More on Croup »
- Diphtheria: Diphtheria is a bacterial respiratory and throat infection that is now uncommon due to vaccination. Diphtheria is a nasty infection
... More on Diphtheria »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Noisy breathing:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.