Priapism is an abnormal male erection of the penis that lasts too long. It may arise spontaneously as a “morning erection” that does not go away, or may occur at other times.
Priapism may be caused by penile trauma or
... More »
Causes of priapism (extended erection) include:
- Penile injury
- Penile hematoma
- Penile abnormality
- Penile disorder
- Penis vein disorder
- Penile tumor
- Urethral ...
- Priapism: Priapism is the rare dangerous condition of having a penile erection for an excessively long period of time. The erection
... More on Priapism »
- Medication side-effect: Many medications can have side-effects that are unwanted. For example, a prescription drug might cause nausea or dizziness in
... More on Medication side-effect »
- Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction is any disorder (dysfunction) of the erection of the male penis. This is more commonly called Impotence. There
... More on Erectile Dysfunction »
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy: Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland in men, which is a small gland
... More on Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy »
- Thrombocytopenia: Thrombocytopenia is where the platelet (thrombocyte) count in the blood is too low. Symptoms include bleeding (e.g. bleeding gums
... More on Thrombocytopenia »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Priapism:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.