Rapid Breathing Overview
Rapid breathing (tachypnea) is a type of breathing difficulty that has many serious causes, and is often a medical emergency. Tachypnea is a type of hyperpnea and has many of the same causes. Similar symptoms include shallow breathing and breathing difficulty. Although there are a few simple causes (e.g. anxiety attack), many of the causes of tachypnea are life-threatening disorders of the heart, lungs, or other causes. Seek immediate emergency medical attention for tachypnea symptoms.
• • •
Back to: « Rapid Breathing
- Medical Emergency Conditions: A medical emergency requires immediate professional medical care, with the calling of ambulance or other emergency services. Emergency first aid
... More on Medical Emergency Conditions »
- Anxiety Attack: An anxiety attack is usually another name for a “panic attack” and is often related to panic disorder and other
... More on Anxiety Attack »
- Panic Attack: A panic attack is an episode of severe anxiety due to social anxiety or other irrational fears. Milder cases are
... More on Panic Attack »
- Shock: In medical terminology, shock refers to an extremely dangerous condition where there is not enough blood circulating. This type of
... More on Shock »
- Psychological Disorders: Psychological disorders are mental health disorders such as anxiety disorders, emotional disorders, personality disorders, and so on. They are generally
... More on Psychological Disorders »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.