The causes of a rash on the skin are many. There are literally hundreds and it can take some time for a doctor to consider them all.
Many different contagious infections cause some type of rash, such as roseola, measles
... More »
There are many causes of rash. So many that it’s hard to list them all!
Simple Causes: There are
... More Causes »
Types of Rash: There are many types of rash that need to be distinguished:
- Local rash
- Generalized rash
- Macular rash ...
There are many possible causes of rash. Uncommon causes are more likely to be overlooked or misdiagnosed. Some of the
... More Misdiagnosis »
- Roseola Infantum: Roseola Infantum, often just called Roseola, is an infectious disease affecting babies and young children. Typical symptoms are “rash after
... More on Roseola Infantum »
- Measles: Measles is an infectious virus that has become uncommon due to vaccination. Its early symptoms are similar to many other
... More on Measles »
- Chicken Pox: Chicken pox, also called varicella, is an infectious viral disease with a characteristic rash. Although vaccination programs exist, it still
... More on Chicken Pox »
- Boils: Boils, also called “furuncles”, are bacterial skin infections resulting from an infected hair follicle or skin gland infection. The infectious bacteria
... More on Boils »
- Acne: Acne, or “acne vulgaris” for its proper medical name, is a chronic skin disorder. Typical symptoms include whiteheads, blackheads, and
... More on Acne »
Related Symptom Topics
Read more about these related symptoms:More Symptoms »
Related Disease and Condition Topics
Read about these medical conditions related to Rash:More Diseases »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.