Rash: Similar Symptoms
Common Alternatives to Rash: If itís not actually a rash, what else might it be?
- Hives (urticarial)
- Weals (Wheals)
- Boils (Furuncle; Carbuncle)
- Infected hair follicle
- Insect bite (bee sting; mosquito bite; spider bite)
- Pimples (Acne; whiteheads; blackheads)
- Infection (abscess; blood infection)
- Injury (scrape; contusion)
- Lesions (wounds)
- Skin Ulcer
- Fungal infection
Types of Redness that are not Skin-Related Rashes: Is the skin red, but not actually physical changed (e.g. no breaks in the skin; no bumps, lumps, raised areas, holes/ulcers, etc.). Various things cause redness under the skin, and itís not always a rash. Some alternatives are:
- Burn (Sunburn; Chemical burn)
- Hot flashes
- Skin color changes (redness; dark skin; blue skin; purple skin; bronze skin)
- Heat stress
- Skin blemish
- Stretch mark
- Blain (chilblains)
There are also many different types of rash. Read more about: Types of Rash.
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.