Causes of Sneezing
Sneezes have a variety of simple causes:
- Airborne irritants
- Dust irritation
- Smoke inhalation (e.g. secondary smoke)
- Inhaled irritant (e.g. pepper, fumes, cleaning sprays, pepper spray)
- External temperature changes
- Cool breeze
- Sneezing in sunlight or bright lights. A reasonably common reflex sneeze on seeing sunlight.
- Full stomach (post-gustatory sneezing). A rare cause of sneezing.
Respiratory ailments can result in sneezing:
High on the list of causes of sneezes are all sorts of allergic reactions:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Pollen allergies
- Seasonal allergies
- Airborne allergies
- Pet allergies
- Dust allergies
- Dust mite allergies
See also the various causes of these symptoms, which may also cause sneezing:
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.