Sneezing is a common symptom of a variety of respiratory ailments. The most common is the Common Cold, but it may occur with any Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI). An occasional sneeze is a normal response to an irritant such as dust or pepper. Sneezing in response to sunlight is common, and actually a genetic trait. Sneezing may also arise in various nasal conditions such as rhinitis, rhinorrhea, and nasal foreign body.
- Common Cold: The common cold refers to any number of viral infections of the nose and throat. Typical symptoms are all too ... More on Common Cold »
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI) is a general name for the many different types of common respiratory infections. Examples include ... More on Upper Respiratory Tract Infection »
- Allergies: Allergies occur when the immune system responds to a substance. Common examples include dust allergies, pollen allergies (causing hay fever ... More on Allergies »
- Allergic Rhinitis: Allergic rhinitis refers to rhinitis (runny nose) that is caused by allergies. Hay fever is a seasonal type of allergic ... More on Allergic Rhinitis »
- Pollen Allergies: Pollen allergies are an allergic reaction to small grains of pollen that are carried in the air from various plants ... More on Pollen Allergies »
- Pet allergies: Pet allergies are animal allergies to household pet allergens, such as pet hair, pet dander, etc. Examples include cat allergies ... More on Pet allergies »
- Dust Allergies: Allergies to dust may be related to dust mites or other substances in the dust. House dust may contain pollen ... More on Dust Allergies »
- Dust Mite Allergies: Dust mites are small creatures (“mites”) that feed on house dust. Some people are allergic to the substances that these ... More on Dust Mite Allergies »
- Runny Nose: A runny nose is a very common symptom with many causes. The related medical terms are rhinitis (nose inflammation) and ... More on Runny Nose »
- Respiratory Symptoms: There are various respiratory symptoms of which the most common is probably “cough” and the worst is probably “breathing difficulty ... More on Respiratory Symptoms »
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.